Re: Ring Video Pro accessibility

I have a regular Ring Video Doorbell at home and a Pro at my retail store’s backdoor.

As Luis says, it’s relatively accessible, but it could be improved. I find especially sometimes when a notification comes in that somebody rang the doorbell and I tap on it, then I have to unlock my device with Touch Id it sometimes goes straight to the video screen and sometimes it does not.

Also, at least for me you have to double tap a button to speak, it would make sense to me if this would be automatically done or at least if there were a setting where you could enable or disable this.

I also wish they could figure out how you could answer the doorbell from your lockscreen just as you can answer a phone call, but that maybe something Apple prevents.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luis Difut
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 4:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Ring Video Pro accessibility

Yes I use one. It's not perfect but I can answer the door & talk to the ringer. Most everything is labeled "Miles my vary!"

I have the Ring video door bell with two extra stick up cams for the back door and yard.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2017 5:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Ring Video Pro accessibility

Hello list,

Was considering getting a Ring Video Pro and would like to know if the accompanying app/cloud service is at all accessible?

I’d likely get someone to install it, but I’m interested in the notifications aspect. Both the wife and I run our businesses out of the house, so we’re home throughout the day. We’ve already got a no solicitations, no surveys and no sermons sign in front to cut down on people coming to the door, but there are always those who would never consider that such a sign applies to them.

In any event, I’d like to know people’s experiences with this device and accompanying desktop app for Windows.

Using the latest JFW 18.

Thanks,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.