From: "Paul Hunt" <prhunt1@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2017 07:17
Subject: Re: Modifying scripts for cell coordinates, was Excel bothers me
How to customize it?

Hello everybody. Personally, I don't care so much when coordinates are
announced as long as they are announced. To be productive using Excell, I
want the name of the row announced as I navigate up and down no matter what
cell I'm accessing. So in my budgetfor example, My row names are Categories.
Every time I move from one category to another, the category is spoken
before the dollar amount in the cell I'm accessing.
In my budget columns would be subtotal, total, Budgeted amount, actually
spent, etc. These column names would be announced as I move left and right.
This is easily done in Excell and JAWS. In fact, anyone can make
spreadsheets accessible even if they don't have JAWS installed on their
machines. The feature in Excel is called Define Name.
There's an excellent Daisy book that shows you exactly how to do this and
the good news is that no script modification is necessary.
I hope this helps you.
Paul