Re: running a dos program

Soronel Haetir

And note that if the programs are actually DOS based (that is 16-bit
programs) and you are running a 64-bit version of windows you are
going to have to jump through some major hoops. With 64-bit windows
you can not run 16-bit programs natively, you have to use a 32-bit
virtual machine.

cmd.exe looks a lot like DOS but it is most definitely _not_ DOS.

On 6/7/17, Vaughan Dodd <vdodd001@vodafone.co.nz> wrote:
Yes: but you need to be something of an old style dos operator. There
are many commands still available for assisting with system maintenance
but documentation as to what those commands are and what they do is hard
to find.

I can recall having a persistent Outlook error which was solved by
running a utility only available from the command prompt.

I suspect that JFW will behave similarly to Window-Eyes - that is - no
form of review or customisation. You command - and you get!

Vaughan.

On 6/8/2017 1:10 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:
Carol Smith via Groups.Io <carollablady=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don't know just how close to this you can get with Windows now days,
but
are you able to do anything with the command prompt?
Have a look at any book or tutorial on Microsoft PowerShell.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com