From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On
Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: A program that duplicates what is on the screen?

Here is my problem. When phoning Microsoft disability help
line, what JAWS is reading out to me is different to what
they are seeing on my laptop screen. I know JAWS is about
15 seconds behind the instruction I am given by the help
desk. But, they can't see the problem I am having because
as a sighted person explained to me, "David, I have no idea
where you are on the screen." She was sitting next to me,
Microsoft was doing a remote access. The specific problem?
Setting up a VPN. The server says I am not connected yet
the person at Microsoft could not see that problem and had
no idea what I was talking about. What screen readers read
out is not the same as what the sighted see. Is JAWS
capable of duplicating what the sighted see on the computer
screen? It's maddening when you have a problem and the
sighted cannot see it. It could also be as simple as, the
person at Microsoft can't see what is under their own nose.
Who, knows.