Re: Programming Language

Soronel Haetir

No, accessibility is not particularly dependent upon the programming
language used. For windows I would suggest starting with a .net
language like c# or vb.net and using the Windows Forms project type
(it is older and no longer recommended but it produces accessible
programs with basically no additional work on the part of the
programmer unlike the newer Windows Presentation Foundation which
requires that the programmer remember to implement the ToString
function especially). I have even seen plenty of programs from MS
where this basic step was missed.

On 6/6/17, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
How would I design an app that can be fully recognized by screenreaders
like
JAWS? Is there a specific programming language I may have to learn? I could
be wrong, but isn't there a specific set of language codes that should be
implemented, like how JAWS recognizes the browser of the Windows Operating
Systems, for example, that which is found within Windows Explorer? I'd like
to try the C++ Programming Language, recommended to me by my friend, Markus
Johnson, but I'm not sure how to configure codes for things like buttons,
checkboxes, listboxes, comboboxes, hotkeys, and radiobuttons. Do I just
write these codes in a plain text editor like Notepad? I'm confused on this
one!

---
http://www.avg.com
--