- Punctuation Level, How To Change It On The Fly For Jaws Users
Re: Punctuation Level, How To Change It On The Fly For Jaws Users
Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks so much for the info. This is very helpful.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
From: Mike B.Sent:
Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:21 AMTo: email@example.comSubject:
Punctuation Level, How To Change It On The Fly For Jaws Users
I thought some of you might be interested, or would find this keystroke beneficial.
Assigning A Keystroke To Adjust Punctuation On The Fly:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the Jaws Manager.
2. Go to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
3. Navigate to Default, & then tab 1 time to get into the list of options.
4. In the Default keyboard manager list navigate to Set Punctuation Level
If it says none. That means there has not been a keystroke assigned.
5. Press the Alt key to open the menues, & right arrow to Action. Then down arrow to Add Keystroke, & press enter. Or press control + A which is the
shortcut for asigning a keystroke.
6. Insert a keystroke combination like control + dash for example. If the
combination is already being used for another command jaws will tell you.
Doing this in the Default Keyboard Manager, allows this keystroke to be used
in all aplications.
7. Tab to the Okay button, press the spacebar, then a dialogue will open asking
if you are sure you want to modify the default JKM. Press the spacebar on
the Yes option.
Now, every time you press the control + dash keystroke it changes the
punctuation level. So press the control + dash keystroke until you hear
the punctuation level you want.
If you ever want to change or remove the keystroke, simply repeat the above steps.
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.