Re: Settings Center

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

The program is funny that way.  Sometimes I’ve installed or merged a dictionary in a new edition of JAWS, only to find it won’t work until I open it—not alter it, just open it.  I think I may have had to save it, but I really can’t recall.  At least you have it working.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stanley Haupt
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2017 8:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Settings Center

It was a box that showed that Windows was checked. When I found the context area there was the word general. I really didn’t make any changes, but after I went to ok, it was reading correctly. This is about all I can remember about this area. I have only been using JAWS since May 17 and I still have a lot to learn.

Stanley

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, June 4, 2017 5:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Settings Center

Hi Stanley,

Just for clarity for anyone else that might run into the same reading problem you had using the Vocalizer voices, would you please explain where you found the Windows Tab in the Settings Center, & the steps you took to fix the reading issue?  Thank you very much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2017 1:34 PM

Subject: Settings Center

As Mike suggested on this list, I went to the Settings Center. The windows tab was checked. I exited the area and the vocalizer voices are no longer reading the chapter and verse numbers as time in hours and minutes.

Stanley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.