FW: Help with pronunciation

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Sorry, I meant Vocalizer.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 9:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help with pronunciation

I  have a dandy bible dictionary, if anyone is interested.  I don’t have it here at the office, but all I have to do is remember to put it on a thumb drive.  It’s the product of several years’ worth of tweaking.  All another user would need to do is rename it to fit whatever bible he/she runs.  The dictionary has entries for both eloquence and RealSpeak.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2017 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Help with prononceation

Try changing the punctuation to most. I had the same problem with another screen reader.  Also, try Mike’s suggestions as well.  Like him, I can’t duplicate the problem you are having and yes, there are websites that offer the Daily Text.  On that website though, you can listen to the bible in MP3 format by downloading a particular verse or book of the bible. Take heart, like I said, I have heard that type of problem with another screen reader.  It would read the same thing you are hearing.  Since I didn’t know how to fix it, I just put up with it.  I have not had that problem since switching to JAWS.  I just have to go into the dictionary to make sure it pronounces Gen.  as Genisis not general or Ps. As Psalms.  Come to think of it, try going into the JAWS dictionary and fixing it that way if you can.     

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stanley Haupt
Sent: Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:22 AM
Subject: Help with prononceation

Whenever I am reading the bible with JAWS it reads John 3:16 as 3 hours 16 minutes. What do I need to change in JAWS to have this read it right?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.