Re: On Line Banking Update

Shannon

Kevin, So you just set it to default to checking? I guess that is a choice set up by the bank?

All good until you need to find the savings account. Is it not a combo box? Can’t Jaws find it with the C for that control?

Then Maybe again it is a Mouse over type that I have little to no experience with and don’t really understand myself.

It would be cool to know how some of the web controls work.

Have a great day.

Shannon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Saturday, June 3, 2017 4:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: On Line Banking Update

Hello Shannon,

I do not need to find that box in order to complete a transaction now, as it is set to checking, and draws the funds from there automatically. I created another transaction to check, and the confirm page/button did come up but still JAWS did not report a select account option box. I will  get a sighted friend to check for me at the next opportunity.

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: June 2, 2017 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: On Line Banking Update

Thanks for the update,

So if that is not reported by JAWS how do you know that it is there without another pair of eyes? Are you still left on your own to wait? Or did this lesson teach you how to find the account choice area so that doesn’t happen and be able to complete the transaction?

Thanks

Shannon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: On Line Bankingg Update

Hello Shannon,

I wrote to the help line on the site, first I received an instruction to insure I pressed the confirmation button. Then I replied that it was not coming up and that I was using a screen reader. I was told that the issue was probably particular to my software, and was left to my own devices, so I wrote to the technical help address on the site,  and during our email exchange I offered to come into the branch laptop in  tow. Actually all I really needed was sighted assistance to report the account selection box that JAWS did not.

The best advice I could give after this is to use the insert control and L for list, T for table, B for button etc., And sadly, sighted assistance when you are stuck.

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: June 1, 2017 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: On Line Bankingg Update

Hi Kevin, I've been watching the saga. I'm glad you figured out the problem, but how did you solve it?

I have issues finding controlthings on my banking site as well. Just wondering what the tricks and tips are. Thanks Shannon

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Problem solved; when I pressed the “Pay Bills” button a little box came  up asking if it was to come from checking or savings, which JAWS did not recognize.  

Cheers Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.