Re: OCR?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

He’s absolutely right.  In fact, that was how the original OCR package was structured.  The PDF conversion did not occur until 16, but it’s become so popular we tend to forget what came before.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2017 9:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: OCR?

Hi Sieghard,

When I was trying to do this the other day, everybody kept trying to tell me that I could only use the OCR function after I opened a scanned image in Adobe.  Now that you have given me the complete set of availability and keystorkes, I might go back and see if I can now read my picture text that I received.  Thank you for this.

Carol

Hi Carol,

What you say about Convenient OCR not being able to convert images on the screen is not entirely correct.

It is correct hat the command Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by O and D requires focus to be in Adobe Reader with a PDF open.

However, if you open any image in any program such as Windows Photo Viewer and said image has focus on the screen, you can use the command to perform OCR on either the entire screen or the Window, instead of "D" for "document" you would use "S" for Screen or "W" for "Window. Of course first you press the layered keystroke to bring up Convenient OCR, then follow it by "S" or "W", there is also the option for "C" which recognizes any controls you may have focused on like a graphical button.

Regards,

Sieghard