Re: Possible "superscript" reading problem with JAWS 18 - latest update ...

Soronel Haetir

I would suggest you send a message about this to support@freedomscientific.com

I find it especially bizarre that it translates '3th' into 'third'
(and the vocalizer expressive voice I use does say 'third' even
without a superscript marking as I am writing this message).

On 6/4/17, HAMILTON <jim.hamilton@rogers.com> wrote:
Good day Listers:

Recently, I read an e-mail with "June 13th". I have set JAWS to read the
"superscripts".

However, JAWS did not say: "June thirteenth". Instead, it said: "June
first, third". This is not the first time that I have heard this specific
kind of error; but, as when reading the above, I do not hear it most of the
time.

Does anyone have any idea what could account for this?

For now, I am turning off that feature - assuming that I can find it in my
settings!

Thank you.

Jim H

********