Re: Speeding up the JAWS starting time?

You might want to reinstall Windows 10 then, I have both a 5-year old Acer laptop with an iI5 processor from backthen and a new Asus Zenbook with an I7 Skylake processor, both have Windows 10 Creator’s Update and Jaws 18 and while the old Acer takes maybe a bit longer, both boot very fast. If my Asus is shut down and I press the button to turn it on it takes about 10 seconds for it to boot to the password/PIN prompt, then after I enter my PIN the desktop visually is there in about 2 or 3 seconds, Jaws takes maybe another 6 or 8 seconds to speak.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2017 7:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Speeding up the JAWS starting time?

There are times when Windows is busy cleaning up some mess or finishing updates that take longer than expected.

My old machine was taking 4 minutes to jaws speech.  It was not a slow machine but had been running for two years without much in the way of cleanup.  I installed a SSD and the boot time dropped to24 seconds without making any other changes.

My new Xeon Win 10machine with a faster SSD and more RAM takes twice as long to boot.  So much for progress.

Tony