From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gudrun
Brunot
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Changing Keyboard Languages

David, that says something about you, even if it doesn't make that keyboard
issue any better. For me, it's control-shift that does it. I believe one
must go and change it under language and region, but don't quote me on
that.
In windows 10, you have this handy switch that involves the spacebar. That
is so much better and it almost makes me want to switch to Sin10. I have
trouble when I use a dictionary software called WordFinder, for I get
inadvertent changes as I go and look up English-Swedish definition or vice
versa. You need the US layout as you operate the program, the Swedish (or
whatever other language) for the word you're trying to find... And, of
course, when you are in the "other-language" layout, your regular windows
hotkeys won't react like you're used to. So, when you think you just hit
control-s to save something, your system opens Sonar or SoundForge, or
whatever program you've given the hotkey control-alt-s. Oh, aren't we glad
of all these ways of wasting our time....

Gudrun