Re: can't find my dropbox folder on my computer

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gudrun,

I'm running Windows 7 also, but sometimes the, Copy Path, gets removed for whatever reason.  I used the, Shift + Applications key, which is equal to, Shift + F10, this is the extended context menu keystroke to find the, Copy Path, option.  There is an easy fix for replacing the Copy Path option, & I thought I had a note on it, but I don't.  If you do a search for missing Copy Path from the context menu, you will find many posts on how to fix it.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: can't find my dropbox folder on my computer

Funny, I tried that, too, Pablo. I still didn't get the "copy path." Could that be a Windows 10 option that we 7 users don't have?

Gudrun

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

You should press shift and the application key

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gudrun Brunot
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:19 PM

Hi Mike. Sounded like good instruction, but when I tried it, there was nothing like "copy path" as I arrowed up and down. I tried the "copy" option, but that didn't seem to work either. However, if I hovered over the folder, as you suggested, then hit the apps key, arrow up to "Properties," did the jaws-numpad minus to move the jaws cursor to the pc cursor, I could find "location" and see my path. Is that comparable to what works for you?

Gudrun

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:52 AM

Hi Jed,

The steps below are how I got the file path of where my Dropbox folder is located, try the following:
1. Go to your system tray, open Dropbox, & highlight 1 of the folders, but do not open it.
2. Open the context menu by pressing, Applications key, or the keystroke, Shift + F10.
3. Arrow to, Copy Path, & press enter.  This will paste the file path to your clipboard.
4. Open Notepad, & press, Control + V, to paste the file path into Notepad, & now you can read where your Dropbox is located.  My file path is below:

C:\Users\Mike\Dropbox\Mike B

Mike ,B is the folder I highlighted to get the file path using Copy Path from the context menu.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:41 AM
Subject: can't find my dropbox folder on my computer

Hey guys,

OK, this is driving me crazy.  I had to change the location of my dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all.  When i go to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my computer where it puts it also.  I went to my G drive, and i have a folder there called dropbox but things don't match up.  Any ideas guys?  I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.