From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 12:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Thanks to those of you who responded. Maria, now I don't feel all alone.

To clarify: I use alt plus up arrow; when that doesn't work, I use alt plus down arrow (you never know). If that doesn't work, I just treat it as a link and it often opens. But my trouble isn't with opening it--my problem is keeping it open. It's frustrating if I don't press a letter quickly enough to select one of the options in the box. If I want to arrow down to read the choices, I'm out of luck. It selects the first choice, before I can do anything. And then it closes and my choice is made--even if I didn't want that one.

Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

I find a problem with combo boxes lately as well.

lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

What keystroke do you use to open combo boxes? For the most part the correct keystroke is Alt+Up Arrow to open and Alt+Down arrow to close, sometimes enter works to open and close a combo box and sometimes you can just start arrowing up or down or use first letter navigation.