Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Gene Stevens

Your issue isn't with the OS, it's with the website design.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shirley Tracy" <stracy5@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Yes, you are correct that down arrow opens them and up arrow closes them--but sometimes the reverse works. I can't always key in the first letter--and you have to do it quickly on mine--because sometimes there are 2 or 3 choices that begin with the same letter, and it quickly picks the first one in the list before I can hit it again. And I find myself sometimes needing to read through the options in the box. Sometimes it works well and sometimes not.

I used to use my computer much easier than it seems to be now. Wish I could go back to XP--but then I couldn't do all I want to do, especially online

Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

I believe you have it reversed. It's ALT plus Down Arrow to open, ALT plus Up Arrow to close.

I often use Space on the combo box to open, then use first letter navigation.