Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Gene Stevens

Your issue isn't with the OS, it's with the website design.

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Yes, you are correct that down arrow opens them and up arrow closes them--but sometimes the reverse works. I can't always key in the first letter--and you have to do it quickly on mine--because sometimes there are 2 or 3 choices that begin with the same letter, and it quickly picks the first one in the list before I can hit it again. And I find myself sometimes needing to read through the options in the box. Sometimes it works well and sometimes not.

I used to use my computer much easier than it seems to be now. Wish I could go back to XP--but then I couldn't do all I want to do, especially online

Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

=============
I believe you have it reversed. It's ALT plus Down Arrow to open, ALT plus Up Arrow to close.

I often use Space on the combo box to open, then use first letter navigation.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 11:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

What keystroke do you use to open combo boxes? For the most part the correct keystroke is Alt+Up Arrow to open and Alt+Down arrow to close, sometimes enter works to open and close a combo box and sometimes you can just start arrowing up or down or use first letter navigation.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Are any of you having issues with “combo boxes?” They used to work fine, but in recent months they have been giving me trouble. Some still work fine; others work now and then, but I have to struggle with them I don’t know if it’s the fault of JAWS or updated websites. The two most important sites where I depend on them are my bank, for transferring funds, and my Spectrum mail server (tampabay.rr.com), where I transfer messages from my inbox to various folders. For example, I have 3 folders that begin with the same letter, and guess what happens? Yep, it always goes to the wrong one. I’m getting frustrated and wonder if there’s a better way of working around this annoyance. Any thoughts?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.