Re: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

What keystroke do you use to open combo boxes? For the most part the correct keystroke is Alt+Up Arrow to open and Alt+Down arrow to close, sometimes enter works to open and close a combo box and sometimes you can just start arrowing up or down or use first letter navigation.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws and "Combo Boxes"

Are any of you having issues with “combo boxes?” They used to work fine, but in recent months they have been giving me trouble. Some still work fine; others work now and then, but I have to struggle with them. I don’t know if it’s the fault of JAWS or updated websites. The two most important sites where I depend on them are my bank, for transferring funds, and my Spectrum mail server (tampabay.rr.com), where I transfer messages from my inbox to various folders. For example, I have 3 folders that begin with the same letter, and guess what happens? Yep, it always goes to the wrong one. I’m getting frustrated and wonder if there’s a better way of working around this annoyance. Any thoughts?