Re: file index

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

This is a good point, I did not actually count the number of items in there but will do so to see if what jaws says is actually correct

On May 27, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

In my documents insert up arrow reads the name of the file or folder, but the numbering is not correct. I hear this or that of 23 all the time, even though I may have 100 items.

lucky1inct@...
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 5/27/2017 11:31 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
In my experience, Insert Up Arrow reads the current line.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: file index

I sent a question to VFO tech support concerning how to get Jaws to give a index number when arrowing down a list of files and folders in file explorer. In other words when arrowing down the file name is spoken followed by 1 of 20 etc. Their suggestion was to use insert up arrow to get this info. When I do this it repeats the line I am on but does not include a index number. Anyone getting the insert up arrow to give a index number?
Thanks