Re: What Happened To AVG?

Gene Stevens

And if that machine was new in 2007 it should be quite capable of running Windows 7.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: What Happened To AVG?

You can buy a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium on eBay for pretty cheap, in fact, I think I have a Home Premium key around I could give you, then just download the ISO from Microsoft and install it. Running Windows XP these days is pretty unsafe anyways since it gets no more security updates and so on. Here is a link for eBay:

http://wwwebay.com/itm/Windows-7-Home-Premium-32-Bit-by-Microsoft-Full-Version-SP1-w-COA-/331991256204

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 4:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Because the machine I have is no longer supported by Dell, as it was originally purchased in 2007. So that means I would have to get an entirely new machine.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Stevens
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 3:11 PM

Just out of curiosity why do you think it would cost over $700 to upgrade to Windows 7?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 5:15 PM

The machine I have AVG on has Windows XP, and right this moment, I don't have $787 to upgrade it to Windows 7. For some reason, I've tried uninstalling AVG, but the installer stops after a few minutes and Microsoft creates an "Error Report". I tried "Debug", then restart the computer, then restart the uninstall process, but nothing changes. It's still stuck on the same error.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 10:57 AM

Not sure if that is what you want to do, but I would simply uninstall it and use the free anti-virus solution Microsoft provides. For Windows 7 it is called Security Essentials and you have to download it, if you have Windows 10 you have Windows Defender already built in to the OS.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 4:15 AM
Subject: What Happened To AVG?

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I have AVG Antivirus Free Edition, and a recent update has rendered it inaccessible to JAWS. Specifically it did something where it won't let me access the menu from the System Tray like it used to. Also, I used to be able to fully access the main interface, but I think they messed with something where it's now made with Google Chrome. How do I get rid of AVG Zen? I have Antivirus Free, and it keeps telling me to renew my subscription. What's up with that? I don't have a paid subscription, and I don't think you would need one with AVG Antivirus Free.

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.