From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: status line

carolyn, to turn off the num lock when JAWS starts:

press insert+numrow 6 to open the settings center.
press control+shift+d to load the default, all programs, setting.
search for Initial state of NumLock key.
press the space bar until you get Turn off at startup.
tab to and spacebar on the OK button.
vwaLa!

you can also find the above setting in the keyboard section if you want