Re: What Happened To AVG?

Annabelle Susan Morison

The machine I have AVG on has Windows XP, and right this moment, I don't have $787 to upgrade it to Windows 7. For some reason, I've tried uninstalling AVG, but the installer stops after a few minutes and Microsoft creates an "Error Report". I tried "Debug", then restart the computer, then restart the uninstall process, but nothing changes. It's still stuck on the same error.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What Happened To AVG?

Not sure if that is what you want to do, but I would simply uninstall it and use the free anti-virus solution Microsoft provides. For Windows 7 it is called Security Essentials and you have to download it, if you have Windows 10 you have Windows Defender already built in to the OS.

Regards,

Sieghard