Re: What Happened To AVG?

Annabelle Susan Morison

The machine I have AVG on has Windows XP, and right this moment, I don't have $787 to upgrade it to Windows 7. For some reason, I've tried uninstalling AVG, but the installer stops after a few minutes and Microsoft creates an "Error Report". I tried "Debug", then restart the computer, then restart the uninstall process, but nothing changes. It's still stuck on the same error.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What Happened To AVG?

Not sure if that is what you want to do, but I would simply uninstall it and use the free anti-virus solution Microsoft provides. For Windows 7 it is called Security Essentials and you have to download it, if you have Windows 10 you have Windows Defender already built in to the OS.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 4:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: What Happened To AVG?

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I have AVG Antivirus Free Edition, and a recent update has rendered it inaccessible to JAWS. Specifically it did something where it won't let me access the menu from the System Tray like it used to. Also, I used to be able to fully access the main interface, but I think they messed with something where it's now made with Google Chrome. How do I get rid of AVG Zen? I have Antivirus Free, and it keeps telling me to renew my subscription. What's up with that? I don't have a paid subscription, and I don't think you would need one with AVG Antivirus Free.

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.