Re: Scanning Photographs

Gerry Ellis <gerry.ellis@...>

Hi,

Ah, but you forgot something very important ...

If you compare apples with oranges it is no surprise when the answer is pear shaped.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,

How will you know when you get there?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 8:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Scanning Photographs

How about OB 9? I just wanted something that would do the same as taking a picture with an IPhone.  When you go to review it, the V O says something like, “4 people, 3 smiling 1 with disgusted look.”  Yes, my IPhone did say that.  So, could the OB 9 be as intuitive? Or, is this apples, no pun intended, to oranges.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: Scanning Photographs

David,

Let's be clear on this. JAWS does not do any scanning. You need a separate software package and a scanner to scan in a photograph from a hardcopy.

JAWS OCR will work on documents that have text, but will not work on a photographic images, whether its scanned in from hardcopy, or from a digital file on the computer;ter.

JAWS and OCR software packages do not do facial recognition.

You will also need.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 09:25

Subject: Re: off topic possibly

About the only thing you can do with JAWS; is scan the photo, save it within your documents; but first rename the file to reflect what the picture is of.

That’s what I’ve done in the past; for the numerous pics I receive in various emails of the annual blind fishing tournament I put on.

This way; I can attach the appropriate pic for PR work for the tournament and to promote it, through emails ETC.

From: main@... [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Nothing to do with USB. Scanning in a photograph will create a graphical image with no JAWS interpretation. It's not like the Facebook ability to recognize images -- now that is amazing technology that can only be possible with billions of identified images in the cloud to use as a resource. Forget using it with JAWS on a computer.

Dave

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 08:27

I am  They are pics taken with a camera. I doubt it had a USB port or cable come with it.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 8:15 AM

...if you're talking about photographs without words -- absolutely useless.

Dave

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 08:05

Subject: off topic possibly

Does anyone know if coloured pictures can be scanned into a computer?  If so, how isJAWS with reading it?   

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.