Re: Win 7 VS win 10

The principle of learning to use the native interface that you're presented with rather than adding layers on top of it to emulate an old one is an important one in my experience.

If you're like most individuals I've known, you will find yourself on another computer (or other computers) away from home that may even have the software you're used to (e.g., JAWS, NVDA, etc.) but where you are not able to make changes to settings or the like.

If you have become dependent on something like the virtual ribbon, Classic Shell, etc., you are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.  In addition, if you have a very good memory about where you are in a given program and what you need to do to get out gracefully, you can do so if your screen reader suddenly refuses to speak for some reason.
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker