From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: 26 May 2017 19:12
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Scanning Photographs

David,

Let's be clear on this. JAWS does not do any scanning. You need a separate software package and a scanner to scan in a photograph from a hardcopy.

JAWS OCR will work on documents that have text, but will not work on a photographic images, whether its scanned in from hardcopy, or from a digital file on the computer;ter.

JAWS and OCR software packages do not do facial recognition.

You will also need.

Dave

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 09:25

Subject: Re: off topic possibly

About the only thing you can do with JAWS; is scan the photo, save it within your documents; but first rename the file to reflect what the picture is of.

That’s what I’ve done in the past; for the numerous pics I receive in various emails of the annual blind fishing tournament I put on.

This way; I can attach the appropriate pic for PR work for the tournament and to promote it, through emails ETC.