Re: Scanning Photographs

paul lemm

Hi,

If you want a way to be able to identify  what’s in a picture you  can use the below website there’s a button to upload a photo and it will then give you a description of what’s in the photo, don’t know if this helps with what you wanted. The web link is below:

https://www.captionbot.ai/

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: 26 May 2017 19:12
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Scanning Photographs

David,

Let's be clear on this. JAWS does not do any scanning. You need a separate software package and a scanner to scan in a photograph from a hardcopy.

JAWS OCR will work on documents that have text, but will not work on a photographic images, whether its scanned in from hardcopy, or from a digital file on the computer;ter.

JAWS and OCR software packages do not do facial recognition.

You will also need.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 09:25

Subject: Re: off topic possibly

About the only thing you can do with JAWS; is scan the photo, save it within your documents; but first rename the file to reflect what the picture is of.

That’s what I’ve done in the past; for the numerous pics I receive in various emails of the annual blind fishing tournament I put on.

This way; I can attach the appropriate pic for PR work for the tournament and to promote it, through emails ETC.

From: main@... [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Nothing to do with USB. Scanning in a photograph will create a graphical image with no JAWS interpretation. It's not like the Facebook ability to recognize images -- now that is amazing technology that can only be possible with billions of identified images in the cloud to use as a resource. Forget using it with JAWS on a computer.

Dave

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 08:27

I am  They are pics taken with a camera. I doubt it had a USB port or cable come with it.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 8:15 AM

...if you're talking about photographs without words -- absolutely useless.

Dave

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 08:05

Subject: off topic possibly

Does anyone know if coloured pictures can be scanned into a computer?  If so, how isJAWS with reading it?   

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.