From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brenda
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: touching the registry was Re: safe mode

Interesting Ted about not touching the registry.

When I was investigating which screen reader to purchase, I got the
windows blue screen of death. The Jaws tech said to change something in
the registry. The Window-Eyes tech told me how to update the video card.

Like you, I knew better than to touch the registry in Windows 7 and
chose Window-eyes. I think now Jaws does something automatically to
make screen settings go to Windows basic, or perhaps the video card
update I did for Window-eyes made the difference, but no issues with Jaws.

Just glad you confirmed myfeeling of not touching the registry.

brenda

On 5/25/2017 9:12 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
The headset alternative sounds a wee bit safer. We're not in DOS anymore, and I wouldn't touch the registry without a good Windows manual, and, as far as I know, none exist. Where have you gone, Peter Norton?

Ted