Re: which financial software workss best with screen reader

Jamie Prater

Hi, I can't help you but I am also interested in this question. I have jaws 11 but will be upgrading to jaws 12 eventually after my new equipment is purchased and I want to know about this. I had to quit using quicken years ago because it was becoming less and less accessible with jaws and I am most interested in what you hear on this, so please keep me posted at jdprater@bellsouth.net. Thanks, have a blessed day.

----- Original Message -----
From: <ohio1803@q.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 11:42 AM
Subject: which financial software workss best with screen reader

Hello,

I am not seeking product endorsement, per se. But I am interested in migrating out away from Quicken which seems to leave me at frequent places without JAWS telling me what I am wanting to know. So, I am wondering which financial software is best for JAWS, current version 12, just for simple financial household management but can still also utilize the online transaction downloading from banks and credit card institutions. I wonder in particular about Money Talks from APH, which is designed for using with screen readers, and actually has its own screen reading speech option if you don't happen to have JAWS or another screen reading software. Are there users of MT who may guide me? The version of Quicken I am still using is 2009. I assume that our current version of JAWS has the best available working scripts with Quicken 2009. Is this at least partially true? I also will assume that the newest version of Quicken, which of course they are trying to sell me when I open my Quicken is not yet working well with JAWS. Does anyone know?

Thank you. and happy 4th of July.
I have NPR playing grand American band music today. Good stuff.
Rik