locked Re: Please change the subject line! Do not have liquids when listening to this

Tim Ford

Okay, I am grumpy because my daughter was to be married this weekend.  Her groom just died tragically.  I have taken on the role of communications central, and I need email that I can quickly get through.  I continue to have JAWS needs, so I cannot just skip them or delete in total.  Sorry to dump, but lots of us have important things to do, and I think it is common courtesy to have a reasonably accurate and up to date subject line.  This is a list to exchange information, and it often turns into casual discussion.  Please, please, understand that many of us need information, and for many reasons the extra time to figure out these  vague notes create a significant, and easily avoidable, burden.  Your response lacks a broader view of the community at large.

… I have said enough.

A Grieving Father

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Please change the subject line! Do not have liquids when listening to this

You do sound grumpy, and demanding.

"Fun threads" do come into existence and are long because they are popular.  Thread drift on a thread like this one, which had amusement as its primary purpose, is inevitable.

I suggest you look at the links at the end of each and every message, especially "Mute this Topic," as it's not up to the cohort to manage your e-mail for you when the tools are already in your hands.  Learn to use them.

--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.