Re: Do not have liquids when listening to this

David & his pack of dogs

How about slowing down your listening speed?  LOL.  The JAWS diffult is set to 15, slower then snails. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do not have liquids when listening to this

Well, pilgrim, how ‘bout The duke reading your shopping list oh, how I wish I could write that in Winterset, Iowa dialect)!  I’m personally a fan of Vocalizer’s Karen, but reading at my speed means I can’t  use any of them, except Eloquence, for very long.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do not have liquids when listening to this

Well, "sexy" is in the ear of the beholder, that's for sure.

I've found some of the "foreign" (for the United States) accented voices on Garmin, particularly one of the British female and Australian male, voices to be rather mellifluous and somewhat sexy.  Everyone's mileage will, of course, vary,

I don't find, for instance, the SAPI voice "Microsoft David" that I use with NVDA "sexy" but I do find it, in many instances, particularly when it's reading through something at beyond the letter or word levels to be remarkably lifelike in most instances.

Not knowing the synthesizers that various people are using it's impossible to suggest generic ways to search for a "sexy" voice for them, but I'd be willing to bet that someone has created them, even if they're not commercially available, but it's a matter of finding them.  Inflection, breathiness (or lack thereof), and vowel duration are a lot of what get's tagged as "sexy" when you think about voices in real people that are described as sexy.  These are parameters that it's possible to control in a speech synthesizer.

It would be an absolute riot to create a "femme fatale" or the male counterpart thereof synthesized voices for use with anything, screen reader or not.  I don't think that anyone would use the most "over the top" versions for any period of time, but they could make for great entertainment value over a short term.

--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.