Re: voices and pitch

Carol Smith

All voices are pitch editable if you make sure to choose a specific voice setting like keyboard, jaws pc , etc.  This is where I was having trouble.  Now that I have each different option set, I can use the voice I want with the pitch of my choosing.  Make sure you do not have default set while macreating the voice sound you want. 

Carol

On 5/23/2017 8:35 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:

Only Eloquence is pitch-adjustable.  In my experience, no 3rd-party app is.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: voices and pitch

Hi Mike,

OK, this time, I have already gone through all of those steps.  The only pitch change option I can find is for capital letters.  I want to actually adjust the speaking pitch of the selected voice.  I did look through the settings and there is no pitch change for any of the ones I selected.  I have NeoSpeech, Vocalizer, Vocalizer HQ, Eloquence and sapi5.  If I am missing something, I don't know where it is because I did exactly what you suggested.  Thanks for trying, and if you have any other ideas, I will be glad to try them, too.

Carol

On 5/22/2017 5:51 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

1. Press, Insert / Jaws key + J, to open the Jaws context menu.

2. Press the letter, O, to open Options.

3. Press the letter, V, to open Voices, or arrow down to it & press enter.           

4. Press enter on, Voice Adjustment, & tab down to, Voice Adjust.  Here you can make the pitch change amongst many other setting adjustments.  Make sure to Apply & Okay your changes.

Take care, Mike.
Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:27 PM

Subject: voices and pitch

Hi,

Although I am getting used to playing around with voices and their
settings, I have not been able to change the pitch for any of them.  Is
this possible?  For example, the Reid voice would be reasonable except
it is a bit too bassy.  On the other hand, Glenn sounds better, but this
voice is too high to suite me.  Is there a way I can change the
settings?  Also, does pitch work for other synthes?  Thanks.

Carol

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.