Re: Big problems after creator's update

Michelle's Home Emails

Hi Sieghard  

Michelle here, didn't we get a note from FS to update 16 and 17 to make windows10 update accessible? With Jaws and windowsbleaupdates? Think this was In beta they found some issues with Jaws and windows10 updates.  

May be wrong? 

Michelle 

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 May 2017, at 8:50 am, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

In this case if Microsoft Accessibility said that Jaws 17 is not compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update then whoever yout alked to doesn’t know what they are talking about.

If you have the latest update of Jaws 17 it is compatible with Creator’s Update.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of jeff armstrong
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 3:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Big problems after creator's update

Brian;

Sorry, I had some personal things come up which delayed me getting to the computer.  I just got off the phone with microsoft support as you suggested.  They were able to determine that Windows Creators edition of windows 10 is not compatible with Jaws 17 or vice-versa.  I am using Jaws 18 in 40 minute mode for the rest of today.  I tried Narrator for a while but the learning curve will be a thing in itself.  I will probably just update to 18.  I thank you for the number and the direction.  I never would have found this problem without doing the remote session with Microsoft.  Thanks again.

Jeff Armstrong

NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 9:19 PM

Subject: Re: Big problems after creator's update

Are you able to use the WinKey to trigger a search and have it complete successfully?   If so, hit WinKey, search for "Recovery", and select "Recovery Options" from the returned search results.  This should open the Recovery pane of Update & Security settings and this is where the "Go back to an earlier build" (or something similar) button or link is located during the period that this function is supported.  I think that's for something like 10 days after upgrading.

My suspicion is that either there was corruption on your system prior to upgrading or that some "burp" occurred during the upgrade process itself.
--
Brian

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.