Re: most responsive syn

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Probably not.  It’s true you can take a voice print (the APH talking clock was done by a local broadcaster), but this is synthesized speech, not digitized speech.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 12:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: most responsive syn

Ha ha! I don’t find that, but picture this. What if the women behind those voices really were having crappy days, and they just happened to record that way? I personally, would like to meet Moira, the Irish voice I have now. I wonder where she’s from in that country? These people had to have been people once, right?

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Melcom is my primary voice.  I do use Ava as well.  This is just a preference but, I found a lot of the female voices sound cranky like they are having a bad day. Again, that is a personal preference.  

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:49 AM

Synthesizer preferences are totally subjective.  The Vocalizer voices are all pretty responsive now.  They sound nice, for the most part, but when they miss a word, they miss it badly, and I'm talking about some pretty common words.
Eloquence and DecTalk Access both, by comparison, sound a little robotic (That's because you've never heard an Echo or an Echo PC from Street Electronics in the 80's).  Eloquence and DecTalk, to me, are the clear champions when it comes to responsiveness.  I think that, on average, they do a better job on common words than do the Vocalizer voices.
In the last decade, for various reasons related to work, I have had to switch back and forth between JAWS and WindowEyes, and my wife has a Macintosh.
My synthesizer of choice is still good old Eloquence.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris G
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 1:36 AM

I'm using Malcolm, I like him a lot.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actualy having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 8:52 PM EST
Subject: most responsive syn

Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS  I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.