Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: help with verbalizing items

Hi, Carol. If you press the INSERT or JAWS key as it is sometimes called by JAWS users, with the number two on the numbers row, you can change whether JAWS echos back characters, words, or nothint at all. If it is set to echo words, the word will be spoken right after pressing the space bar, or a punctuation key.

As to setting numbers to be spoken as single digits, this setting is under JAWS Settings, INSERT plus six on the number row. Then navigate down to Text Processing, and change the setting to single digits, controlled by synthesizer. That should allow speaking of single digits.

I hope this helps you.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com