Re: New member with a question about JAWS and Kindle

Carol Smith

Hi,

From what I have seen, text is, of course, not visible. The reading keys work for listening to the book with the Kindle voices. Much of the menu information is visible, but I do not see where to put your information in if you plan to register online. Also, if you click on the button one tab after the register button and you have already registered before, that button is now a deregister button, although it does not say that. Please note, I am not using the most current version of Kindle because it does not suit my needs.

Carol

On 5/21/2017 9:55 AM, Shirley Tracy wrote:
Hello all,

My name is Shirley Tracy. I’m new on this list, and I’ve been a JAWS user for close to 20 years, but I’m admittedly self taught and definitely not very technical. I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and I will try to participate when I can.

As the subject line states, I’d like to know if any of you are able to use JAWS with Kindle. A few years back, I tried but couldn’t. Has anything changed? If so, any pointers?

Thank you for letting me be a part of this group.

Cheerfully,
Shirley