Re: JAWS scripts

Soronel Haetir

Jaws scripts are (for the most part) tied to the particular program
that is running at any given time. There is a default script but it is
generally best not to mess with that. A fairly recent version (I think
jaws 16 but not certain about that) also added the ability to have
scripts for specific domains when doing web browsing.

The only way to add a new script action and have it be available in
all programs is to modify the default script set, but like I said it
is generally better not to mess with that.

I tried WE several times over the years, and while I always came back
to jaws, I was very impressed with the WE scripting facility, it is
far more capable than what jaws offers.

On 5/20/17, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
So with regards to scripts, is this something that you add new ones and
delete ones you don't need as it is with Window Eyes ?

I don't know what these Window eyes apps all can do, but Jaws scripts are
very powerful, just take a look at the Leasey scripts from Brian Hartgen.
Yes, quite a bit of what they can do enhances how Jaws works with other
programs, but there is some pretty cool functionality built into these
scripts.

Regards,
Sieghard