Re: silencing Jaws during self-voicing programs

Carol,

         I don't have Kurzweil, but I know that JAWS and other screen readers have a "Key Pass Through" function that allows you to hit a key sequence that tells the program to ignore the next key sequence and pass it along to the next program in the "key capturing hierarchy" that's in place at the time.  Does Kurzweil have this feature?  It's worth checking and it would seem that it should.