Re: silencing Jaws during self-voicing programs

Carol Smith

The insert-space with s works great. It does not take much effort to turn speech off and on, provided one knows how to do it, grin. I am enjoying my games between cramming my brain with Jaws commands, LOL!

Carol

On 5/20/2017 10:06 AM, Marquette, Ed wrote:
I'm late to this list. The below suggestion does work fine, but if this self-voicing program is something lots of blind persons use, I'm surprised there is no script for it that turns off speech.
I think such a script could be written pretty easily.
When the program opens, the script file would run automatically. The function would simply be the built-in function {SpeechOff}
Then, to exit the program, one might invent an exit keystroke such as shift+Windows+X. That would turn speech back on and exit the program by, for instance, sending Alt + f
And then
"x", using the built-in TypeKey function.
I'm not a terribly proficient script writer, but I think that may do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 8:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: silencing Jaws during self-voicing programs

Carol, JAWSKey(insert)+spacebar then s to turn speech off or on.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Carol Smith via Groups.Io [mailto:carollablady=aol.com@groups.io]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:40 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: silencing Jaws during self-voicing programs

How do I get Jaws to stop speaking while running programs that have their own speech? For example, Kurzweil has a Jaws built-in way to take care of this. I would like to play my BlindGamers games without having to shut Jaws down completely. Can this be done? Thanks.

Carol

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.