From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: getting rid of annoying speech

Not sure what is going on with the email problem.
For the pronunciation dictionary, however, the tool is very powerful, but that can sometimes be the problem.
Before changing the pronunciation of a word, be sure your cursor is on the first character of the word.
It may not be necessary, but I route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor before invoking the pronunciation dictionary hotkey.
Then, press Jaws Key + d (for dictionary).
I usually have to tab a couple of times to get "add" into focus. Then, press SpaceBar.
Now the word whose pronunciation needs changing should be in an edit box.
Double-check it. I always ensure there are no trailing spaces, but I don't think that's necessary either.
Then, press tab to the edit box where you change the spelling of the word so it sounds right.
Then, usually, tab across to OK. Along the way, check to see that all the options are set correctly, including whether the pronunciation change is case sensitive. That should be off by default, but ...
Now comes the part I sometimes forget. Be sure to "save" the file.
Just to be certain, I always save twice -- when I remember.
Then, exit the pronunciation dictionary.
That usually works.