From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: getting rid of annoying speech

OK, I am back with a different issue, grin.

Every time I open

an email, I hear things like x western or x Unicode.
When I arrow through the text, it is voiced, but there is nothing there. I assume this is some type of formatting indicator, but how can I make this go away?

With the same general idea, how do I change pronunciations for words that are incorrectly spoken with my synthesizer? I tried to make changes and it appeared I had done it, but when I went back to my document, the change did not take effect. I did choose global rather than application for the changes.

Thank you again. This is turning out to be a very informative group.

Carol