From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 12:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: VFO Tech Support, was: The answer is not to tell us that buying anew version of JAWS is the proper solution.

Just thought I provide a quick update that I solved my problem without Jaws tech support, should have probably done so right away instead of spending 10 minutes on the phone argueing with this lady about how long Jaws has been around. In the end I simply decided to completely uninstall Jaws, I removed shared components since I don't have Openbook or anything like that installed, also removed all user settings after first exporting a backup copy. Then I reinstalled Jaws and before I imported my settings again I tried Sage 50 and another of my retail applications which wouldn't read and all was working as before. I then imported my settings and everything was still working fine. I have no idea what had gone wrong before, but it seems to be fixed.

When I tried to move the Jaws cursor down to the bottom of the screen before and it didn't seem to go there I used the Alt+NumPad Delete command to see where my Jaws cursor was located and it said vertically it was at "14" and it was stuck there. I made sure it was set to "unrestricted" but nothing I did made a difference. Oh well, in the end that only took about 15 or 20 minutes at the most so not too bad.

I just love it when sometimes these tech support people think everybody they talk to is a moron who has no clue and they try to convince you that this can't, in this case, possibly be a problem of Jaws, it must be because the application was updated and has changed or whatever. I told her I was running the 2014 version of Sage 50 because it works well and there have been no updates to it in almost 4 years, I have not changed anything on this PC except installing the Jaws 18.0.2740 update which she of course said couldn't possibly be the problem.

Regards,

Sieghard