From: James Homuth
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: standard user and jaws

That's not a JAWS thing. That's a permissions thing. JAWS settings, per user, are stored in .ini, .jcf and etc files under the %appdata% folder, as they've always been. Any setting you change that differs from the default, all users setting, gets written to your own personalized copy of those files. Therefore, if you don't have permission to write to your own %appdata% folder, or the JAWS folder inside that one, then those settings won't save. At that point, you get to explain to your employer why that is an absolutely braindead permissions policy and could they please pick up a fresh clue.