Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 02:19 pm, Alan Robbins wrote:
For me and MS accessibility it is the registery cleaner that was of concern

The long and the short of it is that registry cleaners are the spawn of Satan and snake oil.  One need only look at reputable computer support related forums and the technical press to see this repeated again and again.

I am actually kind of surprised that CCleaner has not dropped the registry cleaner feature, even though it was one of their initial claims to fame when registry cleaning was thought to be helpful (though it may not have been even then).  I still absolutely love this tool in all other respects.