From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: New user here; JAWs questions and concerns

Good morning,

I am a potential new user of JAWS. I would be one of many
conversions from WindowEyes.

I have downloaded the trial of JAWS 18 and pretty concerned
about what it can and cannot do.

I know that there is a large learning curve I will have to
go through, and that is only one of my concerns.

I have been reading the list for the last few days and a few
things mentioned by others concern me.

I also use here at work Office 2010, Outlook, Word and Excel
all the time.

I saw a mention of excel not working well with JAWS? Is that
true? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I use spread sheets every single day to do my job. I also
use on a daily basis the MS Query feature. Will JAWS handle
the queries?

I make mail merge documents frequently and they tie to the
MS Databases.

Will Jaws work with outlook 2010? I have over 10 different
email profiles set up and I need access to them.

Does JAWS have a way to search the screen for text or
buttons to be clicked by the mouse or a "HotSpot" feature as
WE did/does? I use that feature everyday along with custom
scripts to get access to the time keeping software programs.

The language in the control panel seams so foreign to me. I
can't tell, but it seems as if Jaws acknowledges 4 kinds of
cursers? A virtual curser, a JAWS curser, PC Curser, and
something called Mouse overlay?

Is the Jaws curser the mouse? What is the Mouse overlay? Can
I read the screen with the mouse?

Since I am new and don't know how it works and how to
configure it I can't tell what I can and can't do.

I can tell that many functions of the accounting program,
and the three programs that are involved in time tracking do
not behave well and most likely are going to require special
custom scripts.

Before I spend a lot of money and time I want to know if
Jaws can even do the little stuff like Office and surfing
the web?

If JAWS doesn't like Office 2010 what version does it like?

Thanks for your time.

Shannon