From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Matthew Horspool
Sent: November-13-11 6:26 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Mouse Over

Hi Mich,

I agree that the new 'Settings Centre' is a very different approach and it
will take people some time to learn their way around it. However, this
particular process was equally as complex in earlier versions of JAWS. The
only real difference was that, instead of using the search box to find
'Modify Schemes...', you'd need to press ALT+S for 'Set Options', then M (I
think, anyway) for 'Speech & Sounds Manager'. The rest of the steps would
be near enough identical.

The one thing which I really do value about the new utility is that it
remembers the last few settings that you've changed. This is particularly
useful in a tech support environment where a user has somehow broken their
JAWS, but they don't know how: it's now very easy to check what settings
they might have changed to introduce the problem - and, indeed, if they
haven't changed anything, you can surmise that the problem is most likely
somewhere else in the system.

Matthew