From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Matthew Horspool
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:36 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Mouse Over

Hi Adrian,

The 'Indicate Element Attribute' checkbox silences all HTML attributes
listed in the Speech & Sounds Manager, HTML Attributes tab. Until recently
this was basically OnMouseOver, Clickable and long descriptions for
graphics, so no, you probably wouldn't have noticed much loss of
functionality.

Newer versions of JAWS (sorry can't give a specific version number) have
started to introduce support for WAI ARIA, which has to do with more complex
web apps. This introduces a number of other attributes which indicate, for
example, whether a control has a pop-up menu associated with it, or whether
you are required to enter text into an edit box. Disabling the 'Indicate
Element Attribute' checkbox will also silence some of this new WAI ARIA
information. Not all sites use this type of mark-up yet, so you still might
not notice much difference at this stage, but we'll start to see more of it
as HTML 5 and other interactive technologies evolve.

Matthew