locked Re: Abuse in the "digests"!

Mich Verrier

hi speeking from persenal expearince how ever having not followd this thred in full I can say from having been roomates with james in school and knowing him in school that he is not changed in the slightest and this was from over 10 years ago. he was a dick then and he still is now. in short I agree with others who have expressed there dismay at how he has behaved to others on this list when all they were doing was asking questions. from Mich.

From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Abuse in the "digests"!

I too have written the list owner and am dismayed at James's behavior. Especially as he is a moderator. There was one woman voicing her concern that if she asked for help she too would be seen as ignorant and would have to go through the same mistreatment... I really dont see how this is being tolerated.
On 5/16/2017 12:24 PM, HAMILTON wrote:

Moderator(s):

An e-mail explaining what was, and what was not, appropriate behaviour/language for sending to the JFW listserv was sent out not long ago.

It seems to me that “James Homuth” has crossed the line in many of his comments, including in Digest 886!  Most of my work life was involved with “human rights” issues, and it is important to remember that it is NOT INTENT that matters; rather, it is EFFECT.  If you agree, please do something about it.

It is possible that the person asking the original question may never write to this listserve after Mr. Homuth’s comments.  As well, others may be discouraged from reaching out for help with JAWS.

If you do NOT agree with my statement, please explain why his comments did not “cross the line”.

Thank you.

Jim Hamilton

********