From: "Matthew Horspool" <mhorspool@live.co.uk>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:44 AM
Subject: RE: Mouse Over

Hi,

Lois Goodine wrote: "Since I installed Jaws 13, I can't get rid of mouse
over, on websites. I don't use it and am having difficulty getting it
ignored by Jaws."

The most effective way of doing this without interfering with anything else
is to disable the speaking of OnMouseOvers in the Speech & Sounds Manager
for the currently active scheme. Here's how:

1. Press JAWSKey+6 to invoke the 'Settings Centre'.

2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+D to load the 'Default' file.

3. The 'Search' box will have focus. Type "modify" (without the quotes) and
wait a few seconds.

4. Press DownArrow once. JAWS should announce that you are on 'Modify
Schemes...'

5. Press the SPACEBAR.

6. You will now be presented with a dialog prompting you to select the
scheme you wish to modify. The currently active scheme will be selected by
default. Press ALT+E for the 'Edit Selected Scheme' button.

7. Press CTRL+TAB eight times to land on the 'HTML Attributes' page.

8. You should be on a list of attributes. Press O twice to move to
'OnMouseOver'.

9. Press ALT+I to move to, and check, the 'Ignore' radio button.

10. Press ENTER four times to confirm your changes, answering 'Yes' to any
dialog boxes which appear.

11. Press ALT+F4 to exit the 'Settings Centre'.

12. You should be asked if you wish to save your changes - answer 'Yes'.

Hope this helps,
Matthew