From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy
Barnett
Sent: May-15-17 11:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 18 and password fields?

Again people who use Jaws often have other disabilities that make things
hard for them to do... Acting as if they are being unreasonable or ignorant
in there wants is not helpful to anyone... If they need to hear the
characters it is not your or my place to question them... Jaws could read
the characters without having them visible in speech history. I don't see
this as a issue if the person is alone or doesn't care if the person with
them hears the code. I Phone's speak the passwords no matter what you want
no one is saying don't use IPhones because of it...
I think allowing to make the password visible/audible could potentially
result in many issues, after all, sighted people can't see it why should we
hear it? This is one situation where I think it is our responsibility to
improve our typing skills so we can reliably enter a password. Imagine if it
were in clear text, anybody who knows about Jaws speech history could bring
that up and see if they can't find a passsword in there.

Regards,
Sieghard