Re: major thunderbird issues

Maria Campbell

Press alt plus v for view, then arrow to sort by and enter.  I have checked by date and descending, which brings unread to the top.

I don't know of anyway to tell which message you are on.

Try the following for opening into your inbox.  Alt t for tools menu; then arrow to account settings; arrow to server settings.  Tab and make sure check for messages when Thunderbird starts is checked.  That might do it.

Also, it's very important for your message preview pane to be closed by pressing the f8 key.  When it's closed you should be able to tab between your folders, and your messages.  And, you should be able to arrow either from folder to folder or message to message.

Good luck.

lucky1inct@...
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.
On 5/15/2017 12:14 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hi,

I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.

So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.

However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:

1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.

2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.

3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.

Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues

Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,

Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.

Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.

I appreciate all of your time and effort,

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM

Randy, thanks for looking.

I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.

I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.

Here’s the link.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.