Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley

Hi,

I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.

So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.

However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:

1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.

2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.

3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.

Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues

Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,

Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.

Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.

I appreciate all of your time and effort,

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM

Randy, thanks for looking.

I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.

I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.

Here’s the link.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.