From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 10:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kertana and searching for a file, or for key words in a file

Sharon,

            Cortana is a far more powerful tool than simple Windows Search ever was, and it would take many pages to explain every feature.

            I tend to search primarily on file name, and I far prefer the Everything Search program from voidtools.com for that purpose.  It's much faster than Cortana for file name searches and very light on system resources.

            It's hard to advise you further without knowing what version of Windows 10 you're using.  If you hit WinKey and type "winver" take a look at the version that's returned and post it.  There are settings you can tweak related to Cortana, at least prior to the Creator's Update (which is Version 1703), that can stop the inclusion of web results.
--
Brian